– 1 new potato, cut into thick slices or chunks
– 100 grams tender broad beans
– 100 grams green onions chopped
– salt to taste
– 100 grams fresh anchovies. Filets separated from the bones, keep the bones.
– .0025 grams extra dry saffron
– 400 grams Albufera rice by “J. Montoro” Denominatin of Origin: Valencia
– 90 ml extra virgin olive oil
– 4 artichokes cut into quarters
– 1/2 orange
In a large, flat paella pan sauté the potato slices with a bit of olive oil and salt.
Add the artichoke, the tender broad beans, and the green onions. When the vegetables are starting to turn golden brown, add water up to the screws of the pan handles.
Let boil for 15 minutes so that the artichoke can release its flavor and the broth becomes a lovely green with intense flavour.
Finally we add the rice, the saffron, and…. my personal secret: a broth made with the anchovy bones. Put the anchovy filets on top of the rice. Cook for approximately 18 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit for a few minutes.
Recommendation: Squeeze a little orange juice over the rice.